Your boiler system, furnace system and air conditioning system all require regular maintenance to ensure they function as they should. Not getting an annual maintenance check done may result in excessive energy consumption, gas piping problems, motor damage, AC pressure issues and so on.
To help you out, our team at Alliance energy source has compiled a checklist for you to follow when getting an annual HVAC system maintenance check. Let’s get started.
- Lubricate all the components so there is no friction.
- Replace all the filters as they may be clogged or damaged.
- Check the refrigerant for leakage and fix the leak.
- Top up the refrigerant.
- Deep clean condensers and evaporator coils.
- Check and unclog your AC, boiler & furnace drain box and pipes.
- Tighten any loose nuts, bolts, screws and piping.
- Uncover the ducts and furnace venting to remove any debris, mold, dust and nests of hibernating animals or insects.
- Check thermostat temperature settings and re-set the controls.
- Change batteries where necessary.
- Inspect to see if the blower motor, venter motor, blowers, blades and heat exchanger are working properly and fix any problems if present.
- Fix the locks on the HVAC cabinet doors and while inspecting the cabinets, check for leaks, breakage or any other problem.
- Check and fix any electrical connections – these may be affected if there has been any debris buildup, nesting animals or a severe power outage that fries the connection.
- Replace any worn-out belts and pulleys.
- Check the correct functioning of AC high pressure and AC low pressure and fix as necessary.
- Remove any debris lodged in the outdoor unit – these could become fire hazards.
Situations when immediate maintenance and HVAC repair is needed
The above checklist corresponds to the annual furnace service. But this doesn't mean you won't have any maintenance work to do for the rest of the year.
You should also undertake any essential AC repair and replacements as and when they’re necessary, even if it isn’t the annual mark yet. For example:
- If the furnace is noisy, inspect and fix any issues with the furnace fan.
- If the boiler is not heating, call your boiler repair company to get it fixed.
- If your air conditioner cooling system is not working as it should, there may be a problem that needs immediate attention.
- If your HVAC system is not providing energy savings and is showing an excess usage of energy, it means something is wrong with one of the components.
Contact our specialist HVAC contractors for annual and routine HVAC service
Our experts at Alliance energy source have immense experience servicing HVAC systems of varying degrees of complexity. We can quickly identify the problem you’re facing and provide the service, repair, or replacement support you need. Reach out to us today to schedule your HVAC maintenance.